Monday, March 23, 2015

What NOT to tell 9-10 year olds...

Well, you all were right. Getting back into the swing of things was nice and I always realize how much I missed my kids once we are all back!

However I learned the hard way that you do not EVER tell fourth graders that you can't hear.

Explanation ...

My kids asked if I was feeling better because I was really sick the week before Spring Break. I told them about my two trips to the doctor's office and how it turned into a double ear infection by the second trip to the doctor and that it felt like I was under water. It is really hard to hear sometimes!! They definitely took it upon themselves to talk a tad more ... oops!

During math they were playing math games and I was walking around making sure everyone was playing correctly and I was about 10 feet away from a group of three playing and one of the kids goes, "Here comes Mrs. Kuehler!" in slightly above a whisper. I giggled a little to myself and when I got to them, said, "Ya know ... my hearing is not THAT bad, now why weren't you three playing the game?!"

Oh, kids. Gotta love 'em!

Have you ever told kids something and then thought to yourself, "well, that was dumb!"

5 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ha, that is funny! I am glad that it was easy to get back into the swing of things today!

Meghan said...

Absolutely I have!

Lesli said...

Ugh! I hate ear infections. The worst!

Unknown said...

lol daily.

Nora said...

there are a lot of things I've said to my bonus daughters that I've regretted instantly. Their ability to recall things when it's convenient for them... oof!

Hope the ears are better. Double ear infections are the worst =(